What's new

Need advice on new detector for experienced user

Hendrix

Full Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
261
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting as a young kid with a BFO detector that my Father built from a kit back about the mid-70's and have been detecting occasionally ever since. My current detectors are a Fisher 1212-x, Garrett Freedom Ace, Whites Classic 2 and my trusty old White's Eagle Spectrum. The first three on the list are for my family. The Eagle Spectrum I've used since 1989 and love it. However, it has been having trouble the last few years and I'm in the mood for a new detector.

This is what I'm looking for:

Top Priorities.
1. Longer length or "tall man" rod available. (I'm 6' 4".)
2. Good target ID.
3. Good pin pointing.

Second Priorities.
1. Battery life.
2. Weather resistance.
3. I like coils that you can see through. (Not solid.)

You will notice that depth isn't my top priority. It isn't that I don't value a deep detector, it is just that I rate pin pointing and target ID higher than maximum depth.

I'm an experienced user and a techie, so complicated detectors don't scare me.

BTW, I'm looking to spend about $400 to $700. I could be convinced to spend more if I really like what I saw.
 
the garrett pro i thank would be good its water proof to 10 feet. garrett is a good machine.
 
The garrett AT pro or an MXT/M6(new or used for the MXT). both r good.
 
Well if you decide to get rid of the spectrum , i am in the market for one. Money could be added to your 400-700 limit...just food for thought.
 
Thanks everybody. I'm going to try to narrow them down and purchase a new detector in a few weeks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom