🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need an ID but short on details

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Unfortunately all I have is this photo. However the original finder thought it may be a "horse lanyard"? Therefore I assume it has some size to it. I also am assuming the material is a copper or braided chain/cord. If you have any ideas as to ID I would like to hear them
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: dimensions - 6 inch for short strands 3 foot for long strand and no writing on the shield.

Whatisit1.jpg

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Braided metal would catch hair it seems.

Dimensions guessed at are a little off to be a horse breast collar. Though the center piece is similar enough a concept. But then we're back to it being round looking braid Vs flat...

Could be a dog harness?

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is 6here no writing or design on the center piece front, or back? Looks like something is trying to show through.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Looks like a chatelaine (female) or watch fob (male).

Or it could be King Kong's belt? Sure would help to know the dimensions.
I thought your chatelaine suggestion was a real possibility. However with the updated info of the dimensions (in my first post) I'm not so sure. The three foot length for the longer strand/rope seems too long for a chatelaine?
Thank you for your comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some type of attachment to go on a bridal or horse halter. I am not betting on it though Or a type of Tie Down harness to keep the horse from rearing his head

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread