What's new

Need any info on old padlock dug today

pikapp331

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mobile, AL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I dug this padlock today in an old area of town. It appears to be brass. It has no writing on it as far as I can tell. Can anyone provide any info on this beauty? I am most curious as to the age of the lock. Thanks in advance for your help.
 

Attachments

  • Lock - Oct 23 2010.webp
    Lock - Oct 23 2010.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 290
  • Lock - Quarter - Oct 23 2010.webp
    Lock - Quarter - Oct 23 2010.webp
    9 KB · Views: 293

Attachments

  • padlock.webp
    padlock.webp
    25 KB · Views: 279
  • padlock.webp
    padlock.webp
    25 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
green check? response?
 
Upvote 0
Sorry 'bout that. Hadn't been able to get online due to work. Thanks for the info. I'll mark as solved.
 
Upvote 0
pikapp331 said:
Sorry 'bout that. Hadn't been able to get online due to work. Thanks for the info. I'll mark as solved.
Thanks :icon_thumright: The shape and design is very close to the pic I posted. If you clean the shackle you may find some markings. Its a cool brass turn-of-the-century padlock.
 

Attachments

  • lock2.webp
    lock2.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 201
  • lock2.webp
    lock2.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom