Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have been out of detecting for a while because of health issues but trying to get back into it again. But the remote and the puck are dead and batteries need replaced. I am not sure what to actually get for them. The standard coil charged but I have no idea about for how long. And yes, over the 7 years I'm sure. Heck even Wally world sells some but for what for sure. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sent a text to the xp service center to see what they have to say.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been out of detecting for a while because of health issues but trying to get back into it again. But the remote and the puck are dead and batteries need replaced. I am not sure what to actually get for them. The standard coil charged but I have no idea about for how long. And yes, over the 7 years I'm sure. Heck even Wally world sells some but for what for sure. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry
I bought my batteries on ebay. Just look up XP Deus replacement battery. The puck and remote are easy. The coil is much more involved and worth having it done by XP if you don't have the skill or desire to cut into the coil housing.

There is a YT video on the topic. I didn't like the way the creator of the video used silicone sealant to waterproof the housing. Since the housing is made of ABS plastic, I used a plastic glue that is made from mixing pieces of black ABS plastic dissolved into MEK solution (a common practice for hobbyists who build their own coils). There might be a YT video on making the glue if you choose to go that route.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought my batteries on ebay. Just look up XP Deus replacement battery. The puck and remote are easy. The coil is much more involved and worth having it done by XP if you don't have the skill or desire to cut into the coil housing.

There is a YT video on the topic. I didn't like the way the creator of the video used silicone sealant to waterproof the housing. Since the housing is made of ABS plastic, I used a plastic glue that is made from mixing pieces of black ABS plastic dissolved into MEK solution (a common practice for hobbyists who build their own coils). There might be a YT video on making the glue if you choose to go that route.
How did you take the puck apart? is it the same battery for the remote and the coil?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ok, feel like an idiot. after 9 or 10 operations in the last 2 years, seemed to have forgotten a lot. got out the old deus manual and there it is, all batteries are the same. and the puck just slides off the headset. So, a lot easier than it was looking. Too much brain trauma in the past and getting old. will get the batteries ordered LOL. Thanks for putting up with me.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, feel like an idiot. after 9 or 10 operations in the last 2 years, seemed to have forgotten a lot. got out the old deus manual and there it is, all batteries are the same. and the puck just slides off the headset. So, a lot easier than it was looking. Too much brain trauma in the past and getting old. will get the batteries ordered LOL. Thanks for putting up with me.
Lol, I just got back to check your post. I do the same thing sometimes.
An expression amongst us factory tradesmen..."When all else fails, read the manual."

When I eventually change the battery in my D1 11" coil, I plan to make a video showing the important steps in the process. I didn't know exactly what I was doing when I did my 9" coil. I did some extra work cutting into the coil body that wasn't necessary. If you decide to replace the battery in the coil yourself, mention it here and I will post a picture to show precisely where to cut with an X-acto knife if you're not sure. The video on YT was unclear on that important step.
I can also show the steps in making the ABS plastic glue. However, a web search might net better info on that topic. Geotech forums is another place to look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Ism, I was wondering about the glue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions