What's new

Need help dating .22 casing headstamp

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this out in the woods where I've been finding a lot of old bullets including Civil War and Union metallic co. Casings. I've never seen this headstamp and couldn't find it online. I'd like to know the manufacturer and the possible date range. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20180703_221740.webp
    20180703_221740.webp
    194.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180703_221731.webp
    20180703_221731.webp
    136.7 KB · Views: 68
Winchester , fairly new in the last 20 yrs and current production
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 0
Your headstamp rim fire cartridge is a Western headstamp or more appropriately a Winchester Western.
Stock photos...
 

Attachments

  • Western Cartridges.webp
    Western Cartridges.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Winchester - Western.webp
    Winchester - Western.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom