What's new

Need help finding out what mineral/rock this is!

Tammy Andress

Greenie
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elcho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DE570EF7-6F2F-4308-8391-A69707496237.webpDE570EF7-6F2F-4308-8391-A69707496237.webp

This was covered in s hard crust that we chipped away and inside was this beauty! I’ve asked many and no one seems to know. I found this in Kanglade County WI
 
Can you put something next to it for size comparison I doubt it is a rock how heavy is it ect
 
Upvote 0
Welcome also from Mi. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Tammy, nice find!

Do you have any pics with the crust still on? Is a magnet attracted to it?

Best wishes and Happy Holidays?
 
Upvote 0
I’ll take a picture holding it as soon as I get home.
And I have more do I can take a picture of the outer crust and use my magnet on it
 
Upvote 0
I’m still learning so excuse all my extra pictures lol! Merry Christmas!������
 
Upvote 0
what made you chip away at the crust? why did you think there would be something inside?
 
Upvote 0
We saw someone’s post online awhile back showing how to chip away, they also said it was agate but as we see it’s not. We have a few more just haven’t had time to do them. I’ll post them when we do.
 
Upvote 0
That is weird someone will ID it looks like a Dinasour egg lol
 
Upvote 0
nephrite jade? I really dont know, it kind of looks like it has a petosky stone sorta pattern, faint spots. Its gorgeous whatever it is. Did you polish/tumble it?
 
Upvote 0
I have one almost identical but of a smaller size, a dark bluish-black and in the shape of a plum, it turned out to be Basalt.
Basalt is a common gray to black volcanic rock. It is usually fine-grained due to rapid cooling of lava on the Earth's surface.
Maybe yours is Basalt also....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom