What's new

Need Help!!! Found a coin......

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy found this while we were detecting a colonial site today.....it sounds like a quarter when dropped on the table and doesn't seem to be made of copper....it was found in the same place as my 1723 pistareen....please give us any ideas because we can't figure it out!! coin 1.webpcoin2.webpcoin3.webp
 
Upvote 54
1678 Scottish Bawbe Six Pence coin, very nice find!
 
Great find there LC.... And great ID Isaac
 
Amazing how fast you found it!!!! You guys are great!!!! Thanks!! :)
 
That is a great find this side of the pond. Got one of those this year but yours is better. Congrats! :occasion14:
 
Awesome coin find! :occasion14:
 
The Latin legend on the reverse roughly translates to "No one can harm me unpunished."
This variety was issued in only three years 1677,78 and 79.
Don......
 
Very cool find and great job on the ID Isaac! Haven't seen many coins like that on TNet. Welcome to the 1600s club!! That must be a very nice site you've got there.
 
THE THISTLE IS A DEAD SIVEAWAY --ITS THE SCOTTISH NATIONAL SYMBOL
 
Well hello?! How did that one get there? Congrats that's an oldie. I have only found 3 17th Century coppers and they ain't easy to find!

Congrats and I'm glad you got a solid ID
 
That's a great looking bawbee 6 pence. Very hard to come by, and yours is in much better shape than one I dug at a 17th century site 3 years ago. Hopefully some early silver will follow ....
 
Never seen one before
Congrats to your friend.
You guys better make sure that no one is following you to that site. lol
Congrats again
 
I've not had many of them myself, rare find.
 
I've only heard of a few being found. They are about the same time period as the elusive Tree shilling. There could be one nearby, or another period silver. Huge congrats and I'm looking for future posts from you!
 
That's an old one all right.
Killer find.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom