What's new

Need Help from You Buick Car Guys

SD51

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
5,206
Reaction score
10,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a "car related" question on T-Net, but I'm getting no help on car forums and there's a great group of people on this site that might be able to help!

Here's the question...

My neighbor called and asked if I could help figure out why the blower motor on his 2006 Buick Lacrosse stopped working. He had already bought a new blower motor, a new blower motor resistor module and purchased an HVAC module from a used parts supplier. When all the new parts were installed, the blower still wouldn’t operate.
I pulled up the schematic for the blower motor circuit for the 2006 Buick Lacrosse, and it shows the +12 volt supply from the battery to the resistor module uses a 30 amp fuse, and passes through two connectors (C4 and C210) before connecting to Pin C of the resistor module. The fuse wasn’t blown, but there isn’t 12 volts at Pin C with respect to ground.

We located connector C210 which supplies the +12 volts and the ground connection to the resistor module and confirmed there wasn’t 12 volts at the connector either. We suspected a problem at Connector C4, but couldn’t locate it.

To confirm our finding, I ran a separate +12 volt wire from the battery through an in-line 30 Amp fuse and connected this wire to Connector C210. We also ran a separate ground wire to C210 from the battery. The blower motor worked perfectly as we cycled through all the fan speeds.

I disconnected the new ground wire to C210 and attached the original ground wire and the blower still operated, confirming the problem is with the +12 volt wire between the fuse and Connector C4. I suspect the contacts are possibly corroded in C4, but we cannot locate Connector C4.

Do any of you Buick car guys know where Connector C4 is on the wiring harness? I know we could purchase the Chilton manual but I don’t know if it will show that detail.

Sure would appreciate any help!!!

2012-07-01_005826_pic.gif
 
Thanks for the suggestions, my neighbor talked to a buick dealership and they informed him that C1, C2, C3 and C4 are connectors that reside in the main fuse panel. We are suspecting a bad connection that can't carry the current (up to 20 amps) within the fuse panel. Will confirm his tonight.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom