Need help hunting within 50 miles of tampa

joshuajbelanger

Apr 19, 2010
Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
New to the forum, pleased to meet you all. A friend of mine just bought a Garrett, I myself have a Tesoro Compadre. We hit Bradenton Beach and Longboat Key for 10 hours, last night through the morning...found nothing but 52 cents and a couple of pull tabs. We are fairly new to this, but enjoy the hunt...I know most people keep their spots closely guarded, but any information regarding areas with 50 miles, would be greatly appreciated...we'll even split the spoils! Please help..

-J

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any secret spots worth mentioning... but if you guys ever want to hunt together, let me know. :)
I'm over in the St Pete area.

Bran <><

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I hunt those beach and can tell you they are heavily hit. The best thing is if you can get into the water. that is where the good finds are.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt Bradenton beach all the time during the mid 90's when I lived there. The beach renewed so often that finding anything old is a real tough. A friend of mine told me that the old beach used to come almost all the way up to gulf drive. One day, that same friend found an old seated dime on the beach. It was worn so thin from the sand and wave action that you could barely make out liberty on the front of it. There is an old sugar barge sunk just a little ways off shore there too. Hummm.....I need to go down and visit again sometime soon. ;D

HH, Bottlebum

Alfred Berry

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a World War 2, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Shell casing about six inches deep on Indian Rocks Beach last week. Did a little searching on the internet and found it was manufactured in 1942! I am in Plant City.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread