What's new

Need help identifiying mexican coin.

searcherman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Fisher F75 LTD Black
Found this in central Kentucky.This coin is about the size of a half dollar and appears to be coated with silver. Thanks for any information.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00162.webp
    DSC00162.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00163.webp
    DSC00163.webp
    37 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00164.webp
    DSC00164.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 241
I found one in the same condition in a back yard in Lowell Indiana, its a 1961 and when I pulled it out I thought I found a fake or toy coin!
 
Upvote 0
Nice find!

BigC is correct! This coin is 10% silver (series 1957-1967).

-Moe
 
Upvote 0
The image is of Jose Maria Morelos y Pavon (1765-1815), Mexican revolutionary leader. A liberal priest, Morelos led (1810-1813) rebel forces to initial victories ove the Spanish army; but later defeated, captured, defrocked and executed.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Wheel Hub
Replies
7
Views
640

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom