Hiver86
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- May 1, 2012
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Frederick, Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- None
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Hey all! I am new to the group. I would like some help identifying an arrowhead I found. I lived in Temple, Oklahoma for 9 months. One afternoon, I was walking around Waurika lake. I went down near the bank/edge of the water and noticed something black in the sand. Upon digging it out, I was ecstatic. It has all of the classic dimensions of an arrowhead. There is no way it's fake. My question to you all is by the photos attached what type of arrowhead do you think it is and how old do you guess it is? The arrowhead is black in color, very dense with weight to it, it has a straight edge and a round sharp edge. It's similar in shape to other arrowheads I have seen, however it is different. Knowing a bit about the Comanche tribe in that area, makes me excited to find out what this specific arrowhead was used for. Thanks for the help!
Steph




Steph




Stephanie, I don't think that what you have there is an arrowhead. There is no sign of flaking. I truely believe you are on the right track, and encourage you to continue in searching for artifacts. You will surely find one soon. 








