How many letters are entwined on that button? I see at least three and I can make out an I, A and a C. I took the liberty of orienting your button to show the letters. Please post a picture of the back. What is or isn't there will help get your buttoned correctly IDed.
This is one of the varieties of Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) buttons... for anybody here who doesn't already know, the GAR is the yankee equivalent of the United Confederate Veterans organization. This button is shown in the Albert book as VN-6.
Fyrffytr1 wrote:
> Dadgum it, I am 0 for 2 tonight!
Actually, IMHO, you are 0.5-for-2 (a half-credit and one loss)... because I'll share the win on the GAR button with you, due to you posting this "entangled-letters" button showing it oriented correct-side-up, which helped me recognize the very weird version of entangled GAR.