RyeG

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2019
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg I was wondering if someone could help me identify this item I found near an old German church in Houston.

Upvote 5

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Something to do with the zodiac with the 12 sections and symbols, but the symbols are not the same as the ones I just googled...have the symbols changed throughout the years?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zodiac medallion with 13 for Ophiuchus on back

original.png.jpg 000aaa.jpg

I Can only Guess from the Wikipedia Note Below
A 13-sign zodiac has been suggested by Walter Berg and by Mark Yazaki in 1995

age is 1995 or Newer

Ophiuchus is the 13th sign of the Zodiac in astrology (which is not a science) and represents those born between Nov. 30 and Dec. 17.

Ophiuchus (⛎) (/ɒfiˈjuːkəs/) has sometimes been used in sidereal astrology as a thirteenth sign in addition to the twelve signs of the tropical Zodiac, because the eponymous constellation Ophiuchus (Greek: Ὀφιοῦχος "Serpent-bearer"), as defined by the 1930 International Astronomical Union's constellation boundaries, is situated behind the sun from November 29 to December 18The idea appears to have originated in 1970 with Stephen Schmidt's suggestion of a 14-sign zodiac, with it also including Cetus as a sign. A 13-sign zodiac has been suggested by Walter Berg and by Mark Yazaki in 1995, a suggestion that achieved some popularity in Japan, where Ophiuchus is known as Hebitsukai-Za (蛇遣座 (へびつかいざ), "The Serpent Bearer").

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread