What's new

✅ SOLVED Need Help identifying Jade like Pillar or Billet. Thanks!

sharris

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently found this piece at a tag sale for $1.
Have no idea what it is...jade, agate, marble?
Approx. 10" tall and 2.5" diameter. Has numbers etched on one end.
Can anyone tell me what type stone it looks like?
(hope my photos load...having trouble deleting photos from an old post)
Thanks so much!

steve
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0893.webp
    DSCN0893.webp
    240.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0894 (2).webp
    DSCN0894 (2).webp
    255.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN0896 (2).webp
    DSCN0896 (2).webp
    668 KB · Views: 81
Perhaps it is a Chop/Seal of some sort though the ones I've seen are for names in Chinese/Japanese script
 
Upvote 0
It looks like onyx. It is used in all kinds of modern sculptures.
 
Upvote 0
Perhaps it is a Chop/Seal of some sort though the ones I've seen are for names in Chinese/Japanese script

Yes, that is what I though at first, also, but since it's such a large piece, I now think it may just be a stock #
Thank you for your insight & suggestion!
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Smokeythecat!
After looking at other online images, I think you are right! Onyx!
I can always depend on this board to answer my questions or help out! Such a wealth of info!
Thanks so much!
 
Upvote 0
Would be happy to mark this thread "SOLVED", if someone can tell me how! Thanks!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom