What's new

Need Help Identifying Objects

traveler1971

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Stumbled upon these pieces on a mesa they was some wood but it was badly decayed I did not think at the time to take pictures of that till I got home.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1723.webp
    100_1723.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 566
  • 100_1724.webp
    100_1724.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_1725.webp
    100_1725.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 555
Looks like some sort of chain link?
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-Net traveler1971. :icon_thumright:



I re-sized your pics for easier viewing and moved your topic to the "What Is It?" forum. Someone will be along with an ID for you. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Metal seems to be hammered to form chain looks like if it was made The ring and pin looking thing measure 16"
 
Upvote 0
I believe it's a center pin for an oxen yoke. Not sure about the smaller pieces but I believe they are pins that went down through the ends of the pole that was put through that center loop. Sometimes chains were used instead of poles.
 

Attachments

  • YOKE PIN.webp
    YOKE PIN.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 543
  • OxenYokeUp-908x645.webp
    OxenYokeUp-908x645.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 534
  • YOKE2.webp
    YOKE2.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0
Thanks for the information I really appreciate it now I just got to figure out what it was doing on top of a mesa were there is no possible way to get oxen up there
 
Upvote 0
Great I.D..Never underestimate the ability of an animal
 
Upvote 0
Possibly if the mesa is anywhere near Roswell or Area 51, an ox abduction could provide the answer. :laughing7: No telling where those little green guys (or are they blue?), might drop a poor ol' pair of oxen. ;D

By the way, excellent identification Tin Nugget!

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0
Not That close its over here East of El Paso Texas Out in the desert North of Fabens .
 
Upvote 0
traveler1971 said:
Thanks for the information I really appreciate it now I just got to figure out what it was doing on top of a mesa were there is no possible way to get oxen up there

banksy_cow_warning.jpg


:tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
traveler1971 said:
Thanks for the information I really appreciate it now I just got to figure out what it was doing on top of a mesa were there is no possible way to get oxen up there
I think its a great ID by tin nugget.


traveler1971,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom