Lorina
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2013
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Platteville, Colorado
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like some help identifying and old metal button I found here on our farm.
Our farm was settled in the Civil War Era of the 1860's by a German Immigrant David Birkle who farmed this 300 acre farm.
I was metal detecting around where the old stone barn used to be and found quite a few of these old buttons. They are very interesting and look like they have hunting dogs on them.
Each button is about 1/4" in diameter, metal with and eye or loop at the back. I have searched the internet but could not find anything similar. I was also wondering if they might be German in origin.
Thank you
Lorina
Our farm was settled in the Civil War Era of the 1860's by a German Immigrant David Birkle who farmed this 300 acre farm.
I was metal detecting around where the old stone barn used to be and found quite a few of these old buttons. They are very interesting and look like they have hunting dogs on them.
Each button is about 1/4" in diameter, metal with and eye or loop at the back. I have searched the internet but could not find anything similar. I was also wondering if they might be German in origin.
Thank you
Lorina








