What's new

Need help identifying these any guesses welcom

Whatdayagot

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 4
Nice that you found some old coppers... but as those of us who've found them before know, they are very often smooth if found on previously fertilized fields, or in bad soil conditions.

With coins that are toasted, the detail typically comes off with the green.

I have found that even with toasted coins, that I can usually identify them (even often get a date) if I gently clean them with a toothpick. Never use water.
 
Tough call on the coppers, but try giving them a cleaning. Some will say use water, others "no water!", some will say olive oil while others say it darkens it.

IF they were my coppers I would use cold peroxide to start. Those buttons are all latter 18th Century. Congrats
 
IMG_8098.webpIMG_8099.webpIMG_8100.webp. It looks like it's either a Vermont or Connt copper the other one is puzzling me had EC or ED etched In it or maybe 5C for some reason my photos (when posted) turn sideways so to look at the attached photos the top (12oclock position ) will actually be at 9 o'clock sorry I don't know why it's doing that
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom