What's new

✅ SOLVED Need help identifying

Tack Driver

Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this next to an old foundation that was on an 1888 map, almost everything I’m finding there is 19th century or very early 20th century. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 12ECCF89-430B-4028-99ED-6EA1300B8B98.webp
    12ECCF89-430B-4028-99ED-6EA1300B8B98.webp
    894.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 7A53314C-41EF-4B6F-9974-ABB892D808C1.webp
    7A53314C-41EF-4B6F-9974-ABB892D808C1.webp
    808.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 49B7F18E-BC99-4B9D-A819-B515BB78AF74.webp
    49B7F18E-BC99-4B9D-A819-B515BB78AF74.webp
    826.7 KB · Views: 70
  • E3CC3472-D3FD-40DC-AFAB-89E5152EEA6C.webp
    E3CC3472-D3FD-40DC-AFAB-89E5152EEA6C.webp
    950 KB · Views: 89
I believe that goes inside a hand-cranked coffee Mill
Funny, That did cross my mind before posting this but I didn’t really look into the internal parts of one till now. I haven’t seen one that matches this one exactly but I think that’s what it is or something very similar, thank you
 
Upvote 1
I noticed you have marked this as solved... I do not believe this is a grinder bur...

I believe this is possibly a very old ink stand... or some form of stand none the less.

Stamp stand etc.
 
Upvote 2
I agree with old digger about it being a part of a mill but the pattern on it resembles the one in my hand cranked grist mill.
 
Upvote 1
I have to somewhat agree with Arc. I am not so sure on grinder either. It may very well be, but I noticed the material is not listed that it is made from. Iron, brass, copper? If brass or copper, I would think not part of a mill. And I cannot get in my head why the base would be such for a grinder in a mill. BUT, mills are not my forte. Interesting find no matter what.
 
Upvote 2
From a Geologist or prospectors cone crusher?
However, I did find this this morning.
on a side note… how hard would it be to put the general part of the country where it was found in the description?
 

Attachments

  • 394D69F2-9D0E-48C9-8FBC-F4EB2003C7DA.webp
    394D69F2-9D0E-48C9-8FBC-F4EB2003C7DA.webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom