What's new

✅ SOLVED Need help IDing brass item!

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
979
Reaction score
6,369
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this at an old home site I was searching , it's made of solid brass and looked to have had traces of red paint on it!
20220506_085501.webp
 
Would a tractor pedal be made of brass? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 1
Would a tractor pedal be made of brass? :dontknow:
It would help if people posting in this forum could use some common sense when posting pictures and descriptions of items. MORE PICTURES, MORE DESCRIPTIONS!
Its not like it’s still the 1900’s and they have to pay for film. It’s really no wonder the old timers here have quit and moved on.
 
Upvote 2

Attachments

  • 20220506_085522.webp
    20220506_085522.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220506_085510.webp
    20220506_085510.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 20220506_085501.webp
    20220506_085501.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 2
But would they make them out of brass? Doesn't seem strong enough to me.....at least in the long run. When I find some unknown brass item, I always ask myself, why brass? Corrosive environment? Worried about sparks? Decorative? It certainly isn't for strength.
 
Upvote 3
But would they make them out of brass? Doesn't seem strong enough to me.....at least in the long run. When I find something brass, I always ask myself, why brass? Corrosion environment? Worried about sparks? Decorative? It certainly isn't for strength.
OH shizznat... lol.... oh yeah i forgot before posting.... its brass. heh

Um... well i retract my guess now.
 
Upvote 2
Upvote 1
Are we sure it isn't a tool to pull off old bottle tops on the crooked narrow holed end and to open other bottles on the opposite end?
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom