Need help learning to use Garrett AT PRO GEORGIA

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bud. I run that machine and hunt with another forum member using it as well. I'm on the east side of Atlanta which shouldn't be too bad if you want to get together one weekend. Punch in Monroe and see, probably an hours ride or so for ya.

Otherwise the at is fairly easy to get started with. I go in pro mode either coins or zero. Can't miss the coins once you've got a little experience. Forget standard mode, unless you want to dig twice as much junk.

You gotta learn the tones but zinc pennies are about 78, copper pennies 82, nickels are 51-53, dimes 83 or so and quarters around 88-89. The tone is most important though and if you look at that screen all the time you probably won't find much other than clad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

leemiller24

Greenie
Jun 25, 2012
Well- I found a quarter today and a flat rock about the size of my thumb that was dinging- no clue what it is. Enough to get me a but excited. My goal: I want to find a gold Spanish coin on the coast of Flirida. Just one. I'll probably hang it up once I do that!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't done so, watch the instructional videos at the Garrett website. Learn all you can about ground balance. There is a prospecting video on the AT Gold page that you can hear the sounds the hot rocks make, or you can read the ATG manual about advanced tips, hot rocks, etc.. What number did that rock read? Hot rocks are usually very low numbers even single digits. And you can see if a magnet sticks to it.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't be frustrated with the detector. It'll serve you well once you learn how to use it. Read the manual, study the videos on Garrett's web site. You can learn a lot by just doing that. Take some coins and go out and toss them on the ground, listen to the tones, work on pinpointing them. Then, take some time and detect your own yard. Go slow. Swiing slow and listen to the tones. Go to a local park and work the swings & slides and sand. That is easy digging and will help you learn the detector easier. You don't want to go out digging up a nice yard if you don't have pinpointing down... YOU WILL dig junk, but you will also learn by doing so...

Good luck!
Dwight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread