Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You killed yourself when you used the phrases "wet beach" and "don't wanna go over 300" in the same sentence.

Not going to happen.

You might try buying a heavily used unit at that price, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry to be such a downer, but there is no cheap wet beach detector that's worth a darn. :(

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I'd say that Smudge is right...
You're looking at a 'Well Used' machine or having to pay MORE money for something like a Garrett AT PRO.

Cheers,

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
You killed yourself when you used the phrases "wet beach" and "don't wanna go over 300" in the same sentence.

Not going to happen.

You might try buying a heavily used unit at that price, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry to be such a downer, but there is no cheap wet beach detector that's worth a darn. :(

Smudge is correct....Your not going to find a good wet beach detector even used for $300......Your going to have to increase your budget at least $200 at a mininum to get into wet salt beach hunting.....

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:

Not going to happen.

Not necessarily so...

You could go with an ACE 250 and add an SEF coil to it with the sensitivity turned down and be better off than not detecting at all... I may be wrong but I have personally had luck with this setup on the Florida beach wet sand... That would run you right at $300

I would agree though that if you saves another $200 - $300 and got into an AT Pro you would be way better off... but if youe wanted to go out now, the setup above would work if your not going to primarily be surf hunting...

Dan

88junior

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270 with 5", 8",5x10",10-1/2",12" HotHead Coils, Fisher CZ-5 with 8",10-1/2" coils, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got to put my 2 cents in on this I have used a Fisher 1266x on salt water beaches and it was sensitive enough to pick up a 14 carat gold clasp for a neckless and you don't have to run your sensitivity down You can find these for around 300 bucks on the bay every now and then and they get great depth in the sand! Second detector you could get for around 300 would be a nice used 1280x preferably with 8" coil easier to pinpoint with and the control housing is hip mountable my buddy uses one on dives and surf hunting and he has even used it on land to find civil war relics!!

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
88junior said:
I have got to put my 2 cents in on this I have used a Fisher 1266x on salt water beaches and it was sensitive enough to pick up a 14 carat gold clasp for a neckless and you don't have to run your sensitivity down You can find these for around 300 bucks on the bay every now and then and they get great depth in the sand! Second detector you could get for around 300 would be a nice used 1280x preferably with 8" coil easier to pinpoint with and the control housing is hip mountable my buddy uses one on dives and surf hunting and he has even used it on land to find civil war relics!!

Sure thing... if you want a used machine, you can get into a decent set up no problem but the bay can be hit and miss... Another option for a used machine is keep an eye on our used/demo page as we have them come up from time to time... But for a new unit I would honestly say save a bit more and get into an AT Pro or if you really want to go all out, save even more and get into an Excal or higher end underwater detector...

Here is a link to our used page and there are a couple of underwater machines listed now...
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/preowned/preowneds.htm

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Bounty Hunter Land Star and it works great on the beach and even better on dry land.

I paid $250 for it still in the box on ebay.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over the price range you set but as was said, the Garrett AT Pro is a great all around machine that can do both!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions