What's new

Need help on ID

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
4,271
Reaction score
15,142
Golden Thread
2
Location
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478060031.819770.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478060049.170183.webpFound this about 8" deep in a field that was once a 1800's coal mine area and then converted to a sports field in the 1930's.

At first I thought it was a crushed bullet casing, now think it is some kind of old copper container with a screw cap. After some cleaning some copy is visible.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478060192.579747.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478060204.676176.webp

Any ideas? Age? Thx!!!!!!
 
Upvote 6
Feels like it has something in it still, might have to open her up
 
metal_detector.gif
pa-dirt_nc-sand - can you make out what it says on the bottom? I can only make out ORE?
 
"Made in USA" is legible, "###ducts corp d###" maybe it reads "##### products corp dist ###"
 
I agree with Against the Wind, lipstick tube.
 
Looks like Jackalope might have it, congrats
 
Thanks for helping! It is a Revlon lipstick tube from the 40's.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478091984.300750.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478092001.764080.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom