What's new

Need help on this thing.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20200623_193109674.webpIMG_20200623_193047737.webpIMG_20200623_193038430.webpIMG_20200623_193029031.webpIMG_20200623_193022185.webpwhat is this thing. Cast iron and the 2 cent piece is to show the size of it. Found at an 1810 log cabin. Thanks for looking.
 
It looks to be complete whatever it is? :icon_scratch:
I'm confident that someone here will recognize what it's function was.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
I'm gonna go with egg launcher. :icon_scratch:

Nlellam, I doubt this has anything to do with boats.
Iron and water do not play well together.
 
Upvote 0
It looks to be complete whatever it is? :icon_scratch:
I'm confident that someone here will recognize what it's function was.

Dave

I don't think it's part of a boat motor since it's cast iron. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
I'm gonna go with egg launcher. :icon_scratch:

Nlellam, I doubt this has anything to do with boats.
Iron and water do not play well together.

I was going to suggest an antique cast iron toy catapult.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like something that was foot operated.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like something that was foot operated.

Agree. Foot pedal for lifting something.

I'm guessing it was originally flat but is now bent from foot pressure.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chastity belt for a man ? ? ?

:P
 
Upvote 0
I was going to suggest an antique cast iron toy catapult.

I'm beginning to lean your way. Just not sure and maybe never will figure it out.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Agree. Foot pedal for lifting something.

I'm guessing it was originally flat but is now bent from foot pressure.

I don't think it would be bend it is cast iron, it would probably break.
 
Upvote 0
my family had a dairy farm and we had something similar, the cow would hit the flat tab and food would drop into a feeder bowl
 
Upvote 0
my family had a dairy farm and we had something similar, the cow would hit the flat tab and food would drop into a feeder bowl

I think you may be on to something there. I do remember seeing something like you described. Thank you.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom