Need help salvaging probable. "Medallion Gallon",, international waters,, shallow,,,,

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"International Waters"...are considered to be all the way out to the EEZ...which is 200 miles. But, I think...your trying to say that your target is beyond the 12 mile limit from nearest shoreline?

How deep, divable, or requiring rov? How old? Is it possibly of Spanish origin? Because I can assure you, Spain is watching.
Do you have applicable equipment, knowledge, experience and funding to engage in such a project? And most importantly....how many REALLY good Admiralty lawyers do you have lined up.

All questions to be considered.... and thats just a start....

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"International Waters"...are considered to be all the way out to the EEZ...which is 200 miles. But, I think...your trying to say that your target is beyond the 12 mile limit from nearest shoreline?

How deep, divable, or requiring rov? How old? Is it possibly of Spanish origin? Because I can assure you, Spain is watching.
Do you have applicable equipment, knowledge, experience and funding to engage in such a project? And most importantly....how many REALLY good Admiralty lawyers do you have lined up.

All questions to be considered.... and thats just a start....
“SPAIN IS WATCHING” First off I’d like to state I am neither a diver or interested in Ship wrecks, other than reading about them. I have always questioned, why does Spain get to claim all the treasure on their ships when in fact it was stolen from the natives of the Americas. It seems to me that the origin of these treasure ships (Mexico, Peru, etc.) should have first claim on the gold and/or other treasures that were stolen from them. Just asking.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Frankin dowse its location? Just curious as he always finds treasures but never retrieves them. He says he found the Atocha via dowsing so what's another sunken ship.

Call the laginas...they need another episode for their fictional cable show. They can spin it so that the ACTUAL MAP to the REAL MONEY PIT was lost on that ship.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Frankin dowse its location? Just curious as he always finds treasures but never retrieves them. He says he found the Atocha via dowsing so what's another sunken ship.

Call the laginas...they need another episode for their fictional cable show. They can spin it so that the ACTUAL MAP to the REAL MONEY PIT was lost on that ship.
Dowsing had nothing to do with finding The Atocha.

Tall tale.

The location general area was found in the Archives in Spain... as the Atocha's location was known and was found after the sinking... in fact was very easy to find then.. as the mast protruded from the water... shortly thereafter though another hurricane fixed that... where she was lost until the finding of the info in the archives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions