need help saving play ground treasure

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
there is a old school in my nieghborhood that has been torn down for a while and some body bouhgt it they are gonna build lowcost housing on it .i know exactly whee the playground is it is marked no tresspassing but the nieghbors wont say anything unless you are dumping . i go there at least once a week. i have a new good machine but i am still learning her sounds ,but i would like some help getting as much of the good stuff out of there before the buldozers take it away. i live in st. joseph missouri it is in buchanan county if any body would like to get together on the 6 th and or the 7th of september let me know. i will let the nieghbors over by the school know that we will be mding and not dumping so we dont get hassled by the cops ,and maybe we can find some goodies to take home and post with pic . if so let me know in the next week or so thank you and a trained ear would be helpfull to this rookie mder .

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thought - but, ask permission - No trespassing means no trespassing.

Please don't lower the standing of metal detectors by taking it upon yourself to "save the treasure" by breaking the law.

B

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Yea, I would think the No Tresspassing sign is obvious enough but.... any time you ask if you can metal detect people act like your a scam artist or a criminal.. thats gotta be the one thing I hate about MD'ing. The way people treat you like your a wierdo or vagabond for wanting to MD..

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
spisswgt said:
Yea, I would think the No Tresspassing sign is obvious enough but.... any time you ask if you can metal detect people act like your a scam artist or a criminal.. thats gotta be the one thing I hate about MD'ing. The way people treat you like your a wierdo or vagabond for wanting to MD..

maybe your not asking right... ive never been denied permission to md its all about how you present your self and how you ask...

IE: if you show up to someones house looking like a bum there gonna assume you are...

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
thats ok i find out that i know the guys family and he said ok but i will keep this site to myself he isnt going to dig untill the tsate housing board meets any way and that wont be untill december and then i can hit the piles in between dump trucks na dafter work hours .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread