Need help searching in Difficult West Texas Soil

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
So far I have been unable to find a metal box buried 4 to 6 feet in the difficult soil of West Texas. I have been using a GTI 2500 with the deep seeker and various GPR's and so far none of them seems to go below 2 feet in the ground. Can anyone help me? Thanks
I'd start at square one by asking two questions:

1. How do you know a metal box is buried in the difficult soil of West Texas?
2. How do you know you are looking in the right place, assuming there is a metal box buried in the general area?

In that soil you might try one of those homemade metal detectors people tow behind an ATV and use to hunt for meteorites.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2. How do you know you are looking in the right place, assuming there is a metal box buried in the general area?

In that soil you might try one of those homemade metal detectors people tow behind an ATV and use to hunt for meteorites.

Pulse Induction with a one-meter square coil.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far I have been unable to find a metal box buried 4 to 6 feet in the difficult soil of West Texas. I have been using a GTI 2500 with the deep seeker and various GPR's and so far none of them seems to go below 2 feet in the ground. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Don't feel bad. I have failed to find a metal box buried four to six feet deep here in the sandy soils of the Low Country.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this box contain gold perhaps if so I can locate it in a few minutes guaranteed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread