What's new

need help to id a few things

sonar617

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
found these two things in Maine last weekend on the crooked river. anyone have any idea what they are

image-2565036429.webp



image-916117117.webp



image-657617819.webp



image-2289580812.webp
 
Well one is a nice old pewter whistle.
 
Upvote 0
The grey object is a whistle, made of cast pewter. Believed to be from the first half of the 1800s, based on dig-site locations. That type has been found in several designs, most of which are "plain." Your dog-headed one is rare. The hole through its mouth was for a ring or cord, so you could put it on your key-ring or wear it around your neck.

Edit: Heh. Iron Patch and I were typing at the same time. I tend to give "detailed" answers ...and I'm probably a slower typist than everybody else on the forum.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like an alligator whistle and a cuff link to me.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom