What's new

Need help with a bottle

Rocklander

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
86
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rockland, Venango County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace350, Garrett AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1052.webpIMG_1053.webpIMG_1055.webp

Can anyone help me with dating this bottle and possibly telling me what it was used for? I posted it in the bottles forum also, but thought it might get seen more here. Thank you. I picked it up at an estate sale for $2
 
Look up "turn mold" i believe thats what it is...i have a couple...couldnt find a value on them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 
The top and bottom look old. Is there a pontil mark on the base, because I see something that may look like one. I would guess it is probably a wine bottle from the mid 1800's. Cool bottle!
 
Defiantly wine or champagne. That type of top was used to wrap the wires that held the cork in.
 
Looks like a blown in mold with an applied top mid 1800's on .
You can see the mold seam below the neck that runs around the bottle nice find !
 
This bottle has the same base, but with a nipple in the center. Forgot to take that pick.20170805_215711.webp
 
This one looks like it has a seam right below the shoulder, hard to tell. 20170805_222832.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom