bigscout Tenderfoot Joined Sep 30, 2009 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Montgomery, AL Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero Mar 9, 2010 #1 I found this yesterday.It appears to be a brass button. Any ideas as to age or origin? Thanks. Attachments button-front.webp 23.4 KB · Views: 227 button-back.webp 21.7 KB · Views: 229
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 9, 2010 #2 I would guess late 1700's to early 1800's. Is the bird a phoenix? Never seen a button like that... Nice one! DCMatt Upvote 0
I would guess late 1700's to early 1800's. Is the bird a phoenix? Never seen a button like that... Nice one! DCMatt
bigscout Tenderfoot Joined Sep 30, 2009 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Montgomery, AL Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero Mar 9, 2010 Thread Owner #3 I would guess late 1700's to early 1800's. Is the bird a phoenix? Never seen a button like that... Nice one! DCMatt That was my first thought too. But i searched the internet & found nothing similar. Upvote 0
I would guess late 1700's to early 1800's. Is the bird a phoenix? Never seen a button like that... Nice one! DCMatt That was my first thought too. But i searched the internet & found nothing similar.
Iron Patch Platinum Member Joined Sep 28, 2007 Messages 19,276 Reaction score 8,953 Golden Thread 3 Location Dirtyville 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 9, 2010 #4 I wouldn't expect to dig that with 1700s finds. Upvote 0
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 9, 2010 #5 I disagree, looks much closer to 1900. Upvote 0
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Mar 9, 2010 #6 Here is your ID Attachments button.webp 108.6 KB · Views: 190 Upvote 0
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 9, 2010 #7 Great ID Creskol Sweet button bigscout and welcome to Tnet Upvote 0
kyphote Hero Member Joined Jan 12, 2010 Messages 585 Reaction score 52 Golden Thread 0 Location Virginia Detector(s) used White's MXT, GPX 4800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 9, 2010 #8 creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be? Upvote 0
creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be?
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Mar 9, 2010 #9 kyphote said: creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be? Click to expand... No Sir .. Not specifically .. Other similar buttons of the same design just say early 20th century Upvote 0
kyphote said: creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be? Click to expand... No Sir .. Not specifically .. Other similar buttons of the same design just say early 20th century
bigscout Tenderfoot Joined Sep 30, 2009 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Montgomery, AL Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero Mar 9, 2010 Thread Owner #10 Great job Creskol. Thanks for the help. I really had no idea. And thanks for the welcome. I have been a member for 6 months now - just never had anything worth posting. Thanks to everybody for the help. I will mark as solved. Upvote 0
Great job Creskol. Thanks for the help. I really had no idea. And thanks for the welcome. I have been a member for 6 months now - just never had anything worth posting. Thanks to everybody for the help. I will mark as solved.
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 10, 2010 #11 creskol said: kyphote said: creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be? Click to expand... No Sir .. Not specifically .. Other similar buttons of the same design just say early 20th century Click to expand... I agree, around 1900 Upvote 0
creskol said: kyphote said: creskol said: Here is your ID Click to expand... Wow, nicely done. Does the book reference how old it might be? Click to expand... No Sir .. Not specifically .. Other similar buttons of the same design just say early 20th century Click to expand... I agree, around 1900