jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 29, 2021 #1 Looking for help with information on this artist.....I think it is very well done Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
Dougie Webb Sr. Member Joined Jun 14, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 805 Golden Thread 0 Location Stone Mountain, Georgia Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 30, 2021 #2 Where did you get it? Any idea how old it is? Is that pencil or watercolor? Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 30, 2021 #3 I looked at this for a while. There seems to be dozens of artist with the first or last name Gilbert. I looked at many signatures but couldn't match yours. The frame seems to have some age to it. Early - mid 20th C? There's not much more to go on... Upvote 0
I looked at this for a while. There seems to be dozens of artist with the first or last name Gilbert. I looked at many signatures but couldn't match yours. The frame seems to have some age to it. Early - mid 20th C? There's not much more to go on...
cw0909 Silver Member Joined Dec 24, 2006 Messages 4,421 Reaction score 3,239 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Other Apr 30, 2021 #4 maybe look around the pipe forum , they have a lot of pipe art pipes in art 1 https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/pipes-in-art.33681/ pipes in art 2 https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/pipes-in-art-part-2.50401/ Upvote 0
maybe look around the pipe forum , they have a lot of pipe art pipes in art 1 https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/pipes-in-art.33681/ pipes in art 2 https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/pipes-in-art-part-2.50401/
Doubter in MD Bronze Member Joined Jan 18, 2013 Messages 2,173 Reaction score 3,026 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 30, 2021 #5 It is a cool piece. I did what Matt did with the same results. If you can identify this piece it's going to take a combination of diligence and dumb luck. Upvote 0
It is a cool piece. I did what Matt did with the same results. If you can identify this piece it's going to take a combination of diligence and dumb luck.
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 30, 2021 Thread Owner #6 ........ Thank guys.......I’m think is is English I think I got close with a sir John Gilbert But one is cursive and other is regular But super close I think Upvote 0
........ Thank guys.......I’m think is is English I think I got close with a sir John Gilbert But one is cursive and other is regular But super close I think
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 30, 2021 Thread Owner #7 It is chalk and pencil I believe Upvote 0
Dougie Webb Sr. Member Joined Jun 14, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 805 Golden Thread 0 Location Stone Mountain, Georgia Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 2, 2021 #8 jtw1313 said: Thank guys.......I’m think is is English I think I got close with a sir John Gilbert But one is cursive and other is regular But super close I think Click to expand... I saw that "Gilbert" too but the way they formed the "G" seem very different. But that's just MHO and I am no signature expert. Upvote 0
jtw1313 said: Thank guys.......I’m think is is English I think I got close with a sir John Gilbert But one is cursive and other is regular But super close I think Click to expand... I saw that "Gilbert" too but the way they formed the "G" seem very different. But that's just MHO and I am no signature expert.