Need Help With Coil Problem

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have the issue of your coil not charging and how to fix it?

I've tried 2 different clips, harnesses, etc. --- cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol, reset the machine, etc. etc.

but no luck -- the charger light will not come on when connected and I know it needs a charge as I used it for 5 hrs today.

Am worried I'll have to send it in.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Etc?

Thanks for any/all help

LW

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LW,Check the coil cover!:thumbsup: Mine developed a " charging problem",and the coil cover had worked itself,off the coil a small amount,and wouldn't make correct contact. I removed the cover,and cleaned the coil and cover(there was a small amount of dirt/grass seeds between the two),then put it back together, and all was well then!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LW,Check the coil cover!:thumbsup: Mine developed a " charging problem",and the coil cover had worked itself,off the coil a small amount,and wouldn't make correct contact. I removed the cover,and cleaned the coil and cover(there was a small amount of dirt/grass seeds between the two),then put it back together, and all was well then!:thumbsup:

Thanks rsk but I already did that one and it didn't help :-/

LW

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do the pins look ok? Are you sure they are making contact? Silly questions but did you check to make sure wall outlet has power to it?

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the pins look ok? Are you sure they are making contact? Silly questions but did you check to make sure wall outlet has power to it?

yes - the pins are fine - I've tried 2 different clips too and yes - they're making contact and yes the outlet has power - the red light comes on on the power supply unit when plugged in.

I've tried everything I can think of but it will not charge - the Deus is only a yr old tops - doesn't seem like a coil should/would go bad in a yr but it's not looking so good

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doesn't seem like a coil should/would go bad in a yr but it's not looking so good

My brand new Deus came with bad coil right out of the box. I had the same problem with it not taking a charge. Sounds like you'll have to send it in. On a more positive note, their customer service is really quite good.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread