Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Have an opportunity to purchase these.

Unfortunately the lady that brought them to me was in a hurry and my business (pet supplies not coins) was busy. So I got one crappy photo, that's it.

Some contain silver as they had that great silver 'RING'

Any help will be appreciated. coins 178.JPG

I'll post this on the coins forum too. Mods, if it should be in a different forum please feel free to move.

Grease

Upvote 4

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
First thing,, these aren't U.S. coins. Most are from Europe. I can't tell which ones are from which country, even. You should also consider posting on other platforms.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is just no way to tell much from one picture like that. From what I can see there is very little silver, maybe one coin. What I can see appear to be very common no numismatic value coins. If you wanted to risk a couple dollars, I wouldn't bother with more than that.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The primary opinion you will get is to pass on this. A single blurry image is little to go on. How about quality, in focus, sharp images of the individual coins you think may have value.

Time for more coffee.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would pass. When I get foreign coins out of the con stars, I leave them there. You really can't sell them in small amounts.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is very little silver among the coins pictured - not much to get excited about at all , these would make a good starter for a young kid just getting interested in coin collecting ...

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, the picture is perfetly good enough to identify the coins when you take it up to full size. I see a few coins which are still in circulation and a number of British coins which have only recently gone out of circulation. Moostly in not great condition. The only one that stood out was a 1947 halfpenny in GEF condition with some lustre, but even that isn't worth more than a couple of pounds (a dealer would give you less, even if he was interested). If you went through them one-by-one there might be one or two with some silver content, but mostly they're just junk.

These are the kinds of coins you would see in a dealer's oddment tray, priced at 'any five for £1' or something similar.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're thinking of buying them to make a profit, I'd pass. If you like them and want them, I wouldn't pay any more than a couple of dollars. As mentioned, there may be a couple of coins with a bit of silver in them. You would have to have dates and some better photos of each side to determine that. The only ones I see that may have some silver are some of the Mexican coins if they're old enough.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it is an old trick to fly in to a shop in a hurry and offer something for sale to someone on the quick. Pass this up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread