I think you are correct. It is simply a baggage number.intimer said:here's a site that explains the tags & numbers came in pairs. one to the passenger and one left on the bag. for id at destination. may be that simple?
http://railroadiana.org/hw/pgBaggageTags.php
and to all the rest as well. I told you I was an escapee from a mental hospital, but no one would listen to me. I was on the wrong track all along, but I now know "way" more about railroad lines and baggage tags than I did when I woke up this morning. Which is a good thing considering I never even heard of a baggage tag before today. By the way, if anyone ever finds anything related to the Long Island Railroad, let me know. I'm kind of a suedo expert on it after today's research.I have to remind people that have been here for 5 years lol. Welcome to TN.Jerry/MI said:thanks for the tip on tagging solved. This is my first time posting here so I didn't know this.
Jerry

