What's new

Need help with IDing a button

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Need help with ID'ing a button

Hello!

I dug this button yesterday in Corvallis Oregon.

It is a little smaller than a US dime ~ the back reads M. C. LILLEY & Co. COLUMBUS (or McLILLEY, maybe?). It's hard to make out but I think it reads THE UNION in the shield on the front of the button.

How old is this button? What other info can you tell me?!

THANKS!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • July11-2009buttonfront.webp
    July11-2009buttonfront.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 220
  • July11-2009buttonBACK.webp
    July11-2009buttonBACK.webp
    18 KB · Views: 196
  • July11-2009buttonfront.webp
    July11-2009buttonfront.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 212
  • July11-2009buttonBACK.webp
    July11-2009buttonBACK.webp
    18 KB · Views: 209
Re: Need help with ID'ing a button

Oregon state seal button, listed by Albert as #OR 3.

Anthony is correct about the 1870 startup date for M. C. Lilley & Co. of Columbus, Ohio. However, they continued to manufacture buttons until at least 1946.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help with ID'ing a button

PBK said:
Oregon state seal button, listed by Albert as #OR 3.

Anthony is correct about the 1870 startup date for M. C. Lilley & Co. of Columbus, Ohio. However, they continued to manufacture buttons until at least 1946.

Im just a newbie with promise :). My only reference for now is that link. I dont have any button books, but I hope to soon! Especially conisdering I found some really nice rare ones recently.
Anthony
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help with ID'ing a button

:icon_thumright: :coffee2:

As my signature says...

Everybody knows something.
Nobody knows much.
We're all in this together.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom