jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 20, 2019 #1 If anyone can help with the mark on this piece or any information it is appreciated
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,180 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 22, 2019 #2 At first glance I was thinking Navajo, but now I'm thinking it's Hopi. I can't find that particular shape, but I did find some with similar images. Your piece looks to be a recently made example. Dave Attachments work-p399_2.webp 35.5 KB · Views: 68 1361208.webp 30.9 KB · Views: 50 Upvote 0
At first glance I was thinking Navajo, but now I'm thinking it's Hopi. I can't find that particular shape, but I did find some with similar images. Your piece looks to be a recently made example. Dave
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 22, 2019 Thread Owner #3 Thank you antiquarian Upvote 0
cw0909 Silver Member Joined Dec 24, 2006 Messages 4,421 Reaction score 3,239 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Other Oct 22, 2019 #4 maybe these gallery could help with the mark https://www.adobegallery.com/art/category-Southwest_Indian_Pottery https://kinggalleries.com/product-category/contemporary/ https://www.pgmuseum.org/blog/2017/5/22/treasures-from-the-basement-pottery-of-the-hopi-nation Upvote 0
maybe these gallery could help with the mark https://www.adobegallery.com/art/category-Southwest_Indian_Pottery https://kinggalleries.com/product-category/contemporary/ https://www.pgmuseum.org/blog/2017/5/22/treasures-from-the-basement-pottery-of-the-hopi-nation