What's new

Need Help With Pewter & Brass Item

EdistoDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Need Help With Pewter & Brass Item

I also found this in Orangeburg SC. It's made of pewter with middle portion being of brass. ??? Thanks for looking. EdistoDigger
 

Attachments

  • 2011-05-19_07-27-04_135.webp
    2011-05-19_07-27-04_135.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 2011-05-19_07-27-19_529.webp
    2011-05-19_07-27-19_529.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 273
Re: Need Help With Pewter & Brass Item

I saw this when you posted with the question of it being umbrella related. It could be the very top piece to an umbrella, but the majority of the CW era ones I have seen were all lead. Interesting, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need Help With Pewter & Brass Item

Looks like the end to a vinyl pull down shade to me.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 2025100m0[1].webp
    2025100m0[1].webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
Re: Need Help With Pewter & Brass Item

Timekiller said:
Looks like the end to a vinyl pull down shade to me.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Hey, I think that's it. :icon_thumleft: A little hog chewed but I think it is the end of shade. :icon_thumright: The area it was found in was a camp ground for refugees that had evacuated the sea islands at the beginning of the war due to the Confederacys inability to defend them. It was occupied by them until the end of the war. Even today their are decendents of these people who live in Orangeburg County.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom