DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG004.JPG008.JPG009.JPGI have no clue what this is or was?It's pewter,has some kind of silver plating left on it,and I see two little knob things on it,could have had more knobs at one time?

Last edited:
Probably wrong, but the first thing that came to my mind was the ring around the turn signal light off an early 50's Ford..... cast aluminum, chrome plated. Like I said, probably wrong, but I do have a 1951 Ford, and it has a beauty rim around the turn signal light in the front, and that looks similar.

Upvote 0
That could be chrome plating on it?But its core metal, I am pretty sure is pewter.Maybe they made them out of pewter too?

Upvote 0
Pewter is a malleable metal alloy, traditionally 85–99% tin, with the remainder consisting of copper, antimony, bismuth and sometimes, less commonly today, lead. Silver is also sometimes used. Copper and antimony act as hardeners while lead is common in the lower grades of pewter, which have a bluish tint. It has a low melting point, around 170–230 °C (338–446 °F), depending on the exact mixture of metals.[1] The word pewter is likely a variation of the word spelter, a term for zinc alloys (originally a colloquial name for zinc).[2]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back