What's new

✅ SOLVED Need help with this hammered bronze coin I found

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this morning detecting and I recovered this bronze "mystery" coin.
After finding this coin, I forgot about the two Indian Head Pennies, V-Nickel and sterling ring I had found earlier.

Any help in identifying it's age & origin would be greatly appreciated.
This coin weighs 9-grams (disregard the weight under the first photo)

Thank you so much for looking!

Hammered Bronze Obverse.webp

Hammered Bronze Reverse.webp
 
Last edited:
just a guess at best, Claudius, roman coin if real.....Joe
 
Upvote 0
while the obverse is plausible...the reverse rules cladius out as I can find.Im no expert....but I do offer photo evidense here...oh_2_544.webp... Hammered Bronze Reverse (1).webp
 
Upvote 0
To me, looks like Tiberius (14-37 AD)-- and I have no doubt it's real.
 
Upvote 0
did you find this in the US?
 
Upvote 0
Thank you so much Coachbedford! I believe that's it! The weight & diameter are almost spot-on.

Signal, I found this in the NW suburbs of Chicago on private property (with permission)
 
Upvote 0
Wow another roman found in the US? How odd....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom