What's new

Need help with this Penny?

cornspike

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old West
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, 5in dd coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1989 D Penny, bigger than rest, grooved edge?
 

Attachments

  • penny 001.webp
    penny 001.webp
    20 KB · Views: 322
  • penny 002.webp
    penny 002.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 303
  • penny 005.webp
    penny 005.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 306
  • penny 006.webp
    penny 006.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 304
  • penny 008.webp
    penny 008.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 300
  • penny 009.webp
    penny 009.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 311
  • penny 010.webp
    penny 010.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 304
  • penny 014.webp
    penny 014.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 306
Personally, I think they are the same size my friend.
I have dug coins before I swore were sized differently until I weighed them.
Matrixing has a uncanny way of making optical illusions.
Weight that coin with the other penny's and let us know ok?
 
Upvote 0
It has been heated, when the copper plated zinc cents are heated they lose their plating and kind of "spread out".
 
Upvote 0
Lay some zincolns on the dash, windows up, in Florida in August and they will turn all kinds of odd shapes.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Lay some zincolns on the dash, windows up, in Florida in August and they will turn all kinds of odd shapes.

Yes, and HOT sand will do the same.
 
Upvote 0
DFXScout said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Lay some zincolns on the dash, windows up, in Florida in August and they will turn all kinds of odd shapes.

Yes, and HOT sand will do the same.
I bet it will! Sand can get extremely hot. I made the mistake one time of MDing the beach without shoes.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom