What's new

Need help with this please

Jeff Mock

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tucson
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hello all, new member here. I was out on my property with my new White's detector, and got a very strong non-iron reading. I found this about 9 inches deep, and I really have no idea what it is. :dontknow:

photo.jpg


I took it inside, and rinsed it off with clean water to just remove the dirt.

2-4.jpg


1-5.jpg


It appears to be made of brass, and actually has a functioning screw cap on it. Inside the brass container, is a glass vile of some sort. The brass is etched witha nice design on the side and on the cap. The cap has some lettering around it, but I cannot read the letter.

Can someone tell me what his may be? Thanks...
 

Attachments

  • photo.webp
    photo.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    67 KB · Views: 272
Just guessing... a vial for holy water, olive oil, or a perfume oil?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Kinda strange finding something like this on my own property. I'll keep trying to identify this.
 
Upvote 0
Perfume or "scent" bottle.

In the last picture, it looks like a square hole. If so, possibly a spray function?

As far as letters, I can see ??SE in one picture and ?ETT in another; maybe ??SETT
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to treasurnet, Very nice looking find!!!
No ideas here, But im sure some one will ID it for you! Chug

breezie should enjoy this one ;D :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Kenosha Kid said:
Perfume or "scent" bottle.

In the last picture, it looks like a square hole. If so, possibly a spray function?

As far as letters, I can see ??SE in one picture and ?ETT in another; maybe ??SETT

The hole is actually a round hole. I'll be breaking out the maginifying glass to better see the lettering.
 
Upvote 0
Vintage Art Deco Faberge Fabergette Perfume Bottle

il_570xN.210695124.jpg


il_570xN.210695145.jpg


In the late 1930s designers Faberge had a perfume line and applied their attention to detail and design to their packaging as well. This is a one dram size of their signature fragrance Aphrodisia in a roll on format.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom