What's new

Need help with this???

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
I pretty sure it's copper. Found at a site we have gotten stuff from 1900-1950's.
Thought it might be some kind of pendant. It's heavy for it's size.
The back looks like it has been ground?? Penny for size.

Tim
 

Attachments

  • DSC06428.webp
    DSC06428.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC06429.webp
    DSC06429.webp
    96 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC06430.webp
    DSC06430.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 474
OK,, How about some kind of filter??


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Looks to me like a pin. Is that solder marks on the back where the actual pin was attached?
Scott
 
Upvote 0
One of a kind. That's an interesting find :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
It looks like it might be a small lost wax casting project for art class?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it could be a melted copper chain from a fire?
 
Upvote 0
I found one similar some time a go and realized it was smashed. When opened up it resembled a small ventilated ball and looked more like part of a pendant than anything I could think of. Mine was gold plated. I have a picture somewhere but it is among several hundred finds and I doubt I can locate it right now. If I do I'll post it. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Looks like molten stuff dripped into a pile on a hard surface. Semi solidified and got scraped off that surface.
 
Upvote 0
Here's a pic although not very good of smashed thingie I put back into shape that looked somewhat like your item.
 

Attachments

  • Spring Break 2009 001.webp
    Spring Break 2009 001.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0
So it looks like you guys don't think it a rare mid evil pendant to ward of devils and bad spirits huh???

:occasion5: :smileinbox: :angel12: :angry4:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
looks like neccesity is the mother of invention , a homemade sink drain strainer?
 
Upvote 0
looks like an student lost wax casting project. Original made with wax, a mold poured around it them cast in bronze. Back smoothed and a pin put on it. A beginning artist or jewelers project.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom