Apr 12, 2011
PORT ORCHARD WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Fisher CZ 6
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:I am thinking of getting a sov. gt. I live in Washington state on Puget Sound. very wet also will be hunting South west Fl. one month a year.what I would like help on is 1. head phone that won’t brake me but good. Is there a way of some sort of a case to make it water prof to case it in on my hip. and what Accessories do I need to get with it? I now have a old whites spec eagle 1991 and a CZ6 Fisher 1994.Thank for all the help. JS

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James, welcome to Tnet. You will get a lot of help here if you want it.

The Sov GT is a fantastic land unit and shoreline in the wet saltwater sand. Others have made boxes for them but I don't think you need that unless you are going in the water. For that you should get a Excal, the waterproof one. Actually a waterproof GT would be better than a Excal for lots of reasons.

I like using the Black Widow's where you'd have a lot of outside noise like at a beach with the surf and kids yelling. Good Quality phones are expensive but give you the best tone and pitch. http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm
For beach use a WOT coil is HOT for depth of a PI but with disc. You are also going to need a good scoop if you are going to continue to beach hunt.

http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/ :read2: Learn more about beach hunting here at this site. Treasure Hunter excels at using the SOV GT at the beaches.

Attachments

• Sovereign GT.jpg
    Sovereign GT.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Sovereign GT.jpg
    Sovereign GT.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 112

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get an etrac instead. The sovereign GT is driven MAD by the harsh soils in the Pac NW. I live in Oregon and wish I had invested in an Etrac instead. My Sov GT is for sale if interested!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread