What's new

Need help!

skeeter86

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
91
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'am looking for a metal detector that can deal with the following problems. 1st there is a water tower 500ft from were I'am trying to locate a large mens gold class ring. 2nd the tower has about 100 cell phone transmiters on it. 3rd this ring is close to a chain link fence. 4th there is possiably either water feed lines to the water tower running under the ground in this area. Is there a brand of metal detector that can deal with these problems any sugestions would be appreciated . thanks for any info.?????????
 
The chain link fence is your biggest problem. I would try a detector with a small coil, that will allow you to get closer to the fence without all the ear candy. You won't be able to discriminate the fence out and still find gold. The water tower won't be an issue since you're 500 feet away from it, the feed lines are likely too deep to cause any problems. I don't think the transmitters will give you any grief either. They put that fence there for a reason...stay away from the tower...lol
 
Rather than buy a metal detector, you may want to contact this group and see if anyone local is a member
Lost My Stuff Group - Home
 
I am a member of ringfinders and have come across a similar set of difficulties.I actually gridded off the area by draggind a foot and literall got on hands and knees with a pro pointer.Two hours later ring in hand in 4 inches of grass and about 2 inches from fence.Literally 300 ft from cell tower.
In a pinch it can be done

good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom