What's new

Cruise was a big disappointment...

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats reason for delay in posting
trip included 3 beaches - the first i found out as i was heading ashore
NO METAL DETECTING ALLOWED - :censored:
2nd was a tiny thing - loaded with pull tabs - managed 3 rings = all junk
3rd was beautiful - perfect sand... clearest waters... pretty calm
problem - I noticed when we entered park - trees were just put in
fresh paint everywhere - half built water park and play ground
Brand new resort - opened before its even ready = no old finds - few fresh finds - I found 5 rings
3 coins. All rings were junk = tungstens etc. only plus was resort does
not allow cans or bottles so no caps or tabs found - real quiet
if place stay open - maybe sweet down the road
ive never been a fan of cruises - been on 3 in last 3 yrs (my gf gets them free
from casinos - shes considered a high roller) have had bad luck on all
3 - She got offered another in 2026 - think i will sit that one out
 
Upvote 0
thats reason for delay in posting
trip included 3 beaches - the first i found out as i was heading ashore
NO METAL DETECTING ALLOWED - :censored:
2nd was a tiny thing - loaded with pull tabs - managed 3 rings = all junk
3rd was beautiful - perfect sand... clearest waters... pretty calm
problem - I noticed when we entered park - trees were just put in
fresh paint everywhere - half built water park and play ground
Brand new resort - opened before its even ready = no old finds - few fresh finds - I found 5 rings
3 coins. All rings were junk = tungstens etc. only plus was resort does
not allow cans or bottles so no caps or tabs found - real quiet
if place stay open - maybe sweet down the road
ive never been a fan of cruises - been on 3 in last 3 yrs (my gf gets them free
from casinos - shes considered a high roller) have had bad luck on all
3 - She got offered another in 2026 - think i will sit that one out
My wife loves cruises. I tolerate them and try not to ruin her fun. Some things actually are pretty nice.. We buy the drink package and I do enjoy the whiskeys in the evenings.😉
 
Where was it that metal detecting was not allowed? Was this a resort decision, or, Country rule?
 
thats reason for delay in posting
trip included 3 beaches - the first i found out as i was heading ashore
NO METAL DETECTING ALLOWED - :censored:
2nd was a tiny thing - loaded with pull tabs - managed 3 rings = all junk
3rd was beautiful - perfect sand... clearest waters... pretty calm
problem - I noticed when we entered park - trees were just put in
fresh paint everywhere - half built water park and play ground
Brand new resort - opened before its even ready = no old finds - few fresh finds - I found 5 rings
3 coins. All rings were junk = tungstens etc. only plus was resort does
not allow cans or bottles so no caps or tabs found - real quiet
if place stay open - maybe sweet down the road
ive never been a fan of cruises - been on 3 in last 3 yrs (my gf gets them free
from casinos - shes considered a high roller) have had bad luck on all
3 - She got offered another in 2026 - think i will sit that one out
Detecting while on a cruise is a gamble.
Probably do alot better on a set destination.
 
My wife loves cruises. I tolerate them and try not to ruin her fun. Some things actually are pretty nice.. We buy the drink package and I do enjoy the whiskeys in the evenings.😉
I dont drink - buffet was one of the worst ive ever had
dinners in main dining room werent much better
I like to fly to my destinations and having all day to hunt
was limited to 4 hrs at 2 spots i went to - when flying right into an island
normally rent a car - if we hit a crappy spot on 1st day - i move on = and on
till i find one with finds (this has worked for me in past) Im not selfish - I normally
hunt sunrise and sunset - if we find a spot thats nice with drinks and food thats good
and im making finds = we will stay the day - we will drive and site see and hit nice snack or
places for lunch - we used to go horse back riding on most islands when younger
Lucky my gal is happy getting a tan and having drinks to her all day and socializing
She will bring me water and sometimes collect any nice finds from me
Just a sample from some of my foreign trips
 
Yeah, I haven't heard too many good things about Carnival.....
 
I prefer, Cruizing motorway services searching for old relics with their jewels on display....:laughing7::lips:
 
Good work getting away
I’m sure the beautiful weather and sunshine was a beautiful gift..
Best of luck on your journey
 
Yes, tell your wife no more Carnival cruises. Here in Florida they have a very bad reputation. Norwegian, MSC, & Royal Caribbean are all pretty good cruise lines.
 
Hey, as long as your ship didn't sink and you had enough lifeboats what is your beef? When on a family vacation, metal detecting as with any hobby should be a side note, not the main event, which should be spending time with your family. I'm sure it wasn't a vacation from hell, so suck it up butter cup and relish in the fond memories that I'm sure there were plenty of and look forward to your next family vacation.
 
Main thing is, you got out!! Maybe summer 2026 you can get out more also.. now that your health is improving:icon_thumright:
I never said my health was improving :tongue3:
In fact a few times I thought i was gonna die onboard
 
Hey, as long as your ship didn't sink and you had enough lifeboats what is your beef? When on a family vacation, metal detecting as with any hobby should be a side note, not the main event, which should be spending time with your family. I'm sure it wasn't a vacation from hell, so suck it up butter cup and relish in the fond memories that I'm sure there were plenty of and look forward to your next family vacation.
When I go on a trip - METAL DETECTING is my main event = it always has been
I dont do family trips - been me and my gf for last 28 yrs
Ive been detecting since 1975 = age 12
There are many here that ive taken trips to hook up and hunt with over the yrs
Ive been invited by many others to hunt with also from here and feel bad that
i havent been able to.
 
Casper-2
You are one of the best at metal detecting and your recoveries through the years are Outstanding.
Though some hunts ..aren’t as good as others it’s just enough to keep us in the game to continue the quest to find that elusive treasure
I admire your dedication and determination to continue getting out there..
Best of luck
 
I never said my health was improving :tongue3:
In fact a few times I thought i was gonna die onboard
Wow!! That's not good, figured you were doing better for you were hunting for the first time in a long time. Hope things improve for you.
 
Well, at least ya found rings, albeit junk. Worse here on Florida's west coast right now...Winter, Winter, Winter...Might as well fish for fish...
 
Casper-2
You are one of the best at metal detecting and your recoveries through the years are Outstanding.
Though some hunts ..aren’t as good as others it’s just enough to keep us in the game to continue the quest to find that elusive treasure
I admire your dedication and determination to continue getting out there..
Best of luck
Back at you my friend!
 
Well, at least ya found rings, albeit junk. Worse here on Florida's west coast right now...Winter, Winter, Winter...Might as well fish for fish...
Got to get out farther at low tides
or head over to the east now and then
ive done like 10x better on east coast
 
Got to get out farther at low tides
or head over to the east now and then
ive done like 10x better on east coast
I've been following some southwest coast hunters on youtube, and they do quite well over there. There has been huge population growth on the SW coast for the last many years, and these new folks have money; the most expensive home sold in the country this year was in Naples; $225 million! One of the most prolific SW coast Youtube beach hunters made 2 trips this season to the Gold Coast; in total he and the guys he came with hunted 6 days, first light to last, at beaches in Miami-Dade (Miami Beach), Broward and Palm Beach. They were skunked; kudos to this guy for not deleting the whole desperate venture. They were confronted with badly sanded in beaches all up and down the coast; sometimes they could hardly find a pulltab, let alone a gold ring.They returned to the West Coast with nothing worthwhile but the videos.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom