What's new

Need Hunting Buddys in middle TN robertson co.

Southern_Justice

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
98
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Im looking for some hunting buddys shoot me a line i have a few spots including 2 confederate camps that not many people know about.
 
I used to live in Goodlettsville but since have moved to Lenoir City just outside of Knoxville. I would have to look at my schedule and see what weekend is best but I wouldn't mind hunting with you. One of my ancestors was captured at the Battle of Nashville and taken POW to Camp Chase in Ohio. Maybe he camped at the Confederate camp you found. It would be pretty cool to find something from his unit Co G, 54th Reg. of Va. Infantry. Also did you check out the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club. I used to belong to them and they are great.
 
I live in Wartburg, in Morgan county. If you still need somebody to hunt with let me know when and I'll see if I can get loose. I can't get anybody to tell me where to hunt around here. There's one skirmish site just over the hill from me that the owners have a cow if you ask to hunt there and 2 other places I heard of that they are keeping secret. The court house doesn't have any info and the library doesn't either. I would love to hunt a CW site. Thanks a bunch.

DANGLANGLEY
 
yeah hound i believe that that regiment was trained there its called camp cheatham it was just a small confederate training camp but some big names have moved through it. The other spot i have is a small confederate fort that the union captured and then the confederates came back through and took it back from them so there has been action there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom