What's new

Need Id help on coin

DEHUNTER74

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
43
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dagsboro
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need I'd help on coin

I found a Chinese coin I believe. Not sure if it is a coin or the age. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 20160203_163624_resized.webp
    20160203_163624_resized.webp
    119 KB · Views: 110
  • 20160203_163638_resized.webp
    20160203_163638_resized.webp
    148.3 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 8
Cool Chinese cash coin! (I've found a couple similar)

From the markings I could read from your photos it could be this:

Reign Title: Ch'ien Lung T'ung Pao (1736-1795AD)
Emperor: Kao Tsung (1736-1795AD)
Dynasty: Ch'ing (1644-1911AD)

In short. . . it's probably dated between 1736-1795
 
lot of those being found last couple of years -
most were brought over by Chinese immigrants into Calif. that worked on the railroads, gold rush etc
they had their own little make shift towns and would use amongst themselves at first till they started earning
US money - then most sold/traded as good luck pieces or used as jewelry or arts and crafts
 
Thank you all for the replies. This coin was found in southern Delaware. Crazy!
 
They are very cool coins, I have only found but one and it was not a cash coin but a charm.
Congrats on a very cool find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom