Need ID help on old button

R

Rusty in Tenn

Found this button in Petersburg, Va. One pc button with backmark K.D. Marine. I have been told it is a war of 1812 british marine officers button but have yet to see anything on paper to comfirm this. Can anyone help with it's ID??
I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rusty Mills

Attachments

• br12.jpg
    br12.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 315
  • br13.jpg
    br13.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 324

FrankTM

Sep 4, 2006
Illinois (Dekalb County)
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350
Nice find. I tried looking for info and on treasure depot someone found a buttin with the same back, but I could not access it. I did find a company in Scotland K D Marine Ltd but they were formed in 1989.

Frank

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty, I spent a deal of time searching yesterday and the only thing I can think of to say is, I am fairly certain it is NOT British. I too have seen that particular Eagle before and darn if I can find it or remember where. I was hoping by today someone else might have chimed in, but since they have not I thought I would at least let you know that I was and hope someone finds the data for a good ID.

It does seem odd that the b/m is what it is.

Don

Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Rusty,

Not sure if you went this route but maybe try posting to one of those button collector bulletin boards. Somebody might have books or info for you. I might do the same with buttons I have found. Here is one such bulletin board. Looks like you can post a message and include a link maybe back to this post so they can see pics of it. Just don't send spam!

http://www.worldcollectorsnet.com/buttons/buttonsboard.html

Good Luck!

Funkman

Upvote 0

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
I'm thinking that the button may be Prussian due to the crown on the eagles head.

Attachments

• BBKART1.jpg
    BBKART1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rusty in Tenn

PBK,

I really appreciate it as it looks like you have it. The only difference I see in the buttons is the one you have posted has the rope border around the chain border and the button I posted only has the chain border.

One question thou,
I couldn't get the link you posted to work as I would like to pull that up so I can read what is said about the button. I would assume the one I found is similar in date as the one posted. Which would put it at mid 1800's??

Thanks
Rusty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread