What's new

Need ID

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
I'm not sure what this is but, its made out steel. May have been plated at one time. No markings. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4837.webp
    DSCF4837.webp
    45 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF4838.webp
    DSCF4838.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 210
looks like an upholstery washer, designed to back up a nail
 
Upvote 0
Are you sure it's not brass. It looks like the back up plate to old drawer pulls we find around old house sites
Late 1700's to mid 1800's Here's a pic of one I dug, with the piece that went through it, at a housesite that dated the late 17 and early 1800's
 

Attachments

  • draw pull.webp
    draw pull.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
^5 VaYank! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I've dug tons of both pieces seperately . If I hadn't dug those two together I would never have known for sure. The bolt piece was sticking through the plate when I dug them.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom