What's new

Need info

wmbosmer

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited a nice collection, and have a nice one myself. I need to find out some info on the gorget set. I have included a scan of the peaces. I know that it was found in Mississippi in or around 1900? Thanks for any help as far as age, or culture.
 

Attachments

  • indian gorgets 001.webp
    indian gorgets 001.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
Wow. Can't help with your questions, but, wow.Welcome to T-net. Very nice artifacts, thanks for the view.
 
Those are pendent's that was worn on a string of some sort around the neck JMO. They are a super fine addition to add to any collection. The drilled celts are real nice but the one in the center is a find of a life time for many. Thanks for posting and welcome to Tnet:hello:
 
Those are beautiful! This is an interesting website/page I found. It may help you as you investigate the age and origins of your pieces.

N. A. WOODLAND ONE

I'm sure someone will pipe in if that page isn't reputable, but it seems pretty accurate to me. JMHO
Thanks again AND WECOME!- Yakker
 
Thanks yakker, that is a great site I have bookmarked it.
 
Thank you. Glad it could help. Good luck! Yak
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom