Need quick advice on a detector

hunter2665

Sep 23, 2014
Upvote 2
Sorry about posting this here everyone but I need quick advice. I'm buying my first machine tomorrow. It's a Tesoro Silver U Max. Only been used 4 times and the guy wants $115. I have to drive an hour to get it so I want your expert opinion. Is this worth it. And any help on the good/ bad about it. Thanks guys in advance.

Sounds like a reasonable buy to me----Buzz

Metal detecting is more influenced by the human than the detector. Sounds like a good buy:thumbsup:

Thanks loco-digger. I guess I'm going to get it. I have a few days after tomorrow between deck jobs so I guess I'll be trying it out. :)

i seen one in st. augustine just like that , if thats it that is a super good buy and i dont think that machine is hurt at all kid just not stay interested in digging and rather do xbox. if you that close maybe we can go hunt together sometime?

Johnny hall
That is the one. I'm meeting the dad in the morning to pick it up. I'm in brunswick ga

Good price. You can expect to pay $165-185 about there.

it's a good one to get started on. makes you dig most things, so you can start to really learn how things work in this hobby. found some good gold rings with that machine. best of luck!

Thanks metal magnet. Just got home with it. I'm going to bury some stuff at different depths and different metals to practice on.

Just get a Garret Ace 250, that's what I use. Incredibly accurate and cheaper. Found a bronze roman coin, cap gun of age, 200 year old cap badge and roman lead seals today with it.

Hey hunter did you pull the trigger on the purchase? Looking forwar to seeing some of your finds. GL & HH:thumbsup:

Yes I did loco- digger. I posted my first day finds already. I did find an old anchor buried about 12 inches down in the park off of a beach. But it's trapped under big roots. I have to wait until after this holiday weekend to un earth it lol

I think everyone needs to learn on a "sound only" machine first. The Tesoros' are the king when it comes to a basic, fast, no frills machine. I still would recommend a Cibola, Silver or Compradre over most machines out there for a first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back